What to Expect After Severe Weather Events
Damage caused by severe weather can be devastating to your family home or company, and remediating it can be a complex undertaking. To get the damage fixed quickly and safely, you need a restoration service company that specializes in bringing your structure back to pre-storm conditions. Our team is here for you.
Once the disaster has passed, it’s important to examine the damage and plan for remediation. Below, learn about the damage different storms can cause and how to keep your property, and yourself, safe in different circumstances.
Storm Damage Insurance
Severe damage from the majority of storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the details change. What you must pay depends on your premiums and deductibles, the structure, the extent of your damage, the value of surrounding property and much more.
First, keep track of the damage to your property to the best of your ability. Take a lot of photos and keep your receipts having to do with maintenance work, supplies and major appliances that may have been damaged. Then, contact a restoration contractor and your insurance agent. Your insurer will send a person to assess the damage. The best contractors can coordinate policy providers to help you save money.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storm Damage: This can collapse roofs, break branches and power poles, and much more.
- Hail Damage: Severe hail can damage siding and shingles, and that can mean roof leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Flood Damage: Flood water can ruin foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold proliferation and much more.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, damage landscaping and electric systems and cause additional damage.
- Tornado and Hurricane Damage: Circular wind storms can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, like catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
Seek Out a Trusted Damage and Remediation Professional
Danger is high after a storm, and a professional restoration service company can help you with repairs in a safe, efficient way. Call us as soon as possible.