North Atlanta, GA Get a Plan
Would you and your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form