Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the kind of mold that is found in your home or property is the real issue. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to stop mold entering your property. You should be concerned as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the species of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert that can devise the best way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to treating mold safely, the prime choice is working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your home and major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it lives in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist with getting your residence healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. This is a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly located in soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.