Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that resides in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It is practically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your house. It’s only as there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way for treatment then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your house as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it resides in, meaning the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your house healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp surfaces like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder weather, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to eradicate dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.