No House is Immune to Water Damage
No home or business is immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your home. The professionals from Paul Davis understands the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family. Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize your home’s water damage. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. While we can help restore your home, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. It’s imperative for every homeowner to understand how to protect their property from water damages.
What Causes Water Damage?
What’s the best way to avoid water damages? Prevention. That’s why it’s imperative to search your home for the signs of water damage. You might have to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here’s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. You can stop this from happening. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive steps to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Rely on us to help you.