Preventing Water Damage
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be difficult to detect by the untrained eye. Luckily for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at extremely affordable prices. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every property owner should be able to detect water damage. It’s important to understand how to take preemptive steps to avoid water damage. The key to water damage restoration is avoiding them all together.
How Water Damage Occurs
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your house to assess water damage at a moment’s notice. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring altogether, your house will last for years. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. But no matter how water damage can occur, it’s critical to be vigilant. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. There are ways to prevent this. If you want to prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can cause serious damages to your house. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you have serious water damages on your hands. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to repair.