Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your house and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration experts are ready to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Your building can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To suck out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building had recent fire damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our specialists are specialized in effective using the proper equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.